Most of us know the saying “Health first” or “Health is Wealth”, which means that we should not sacrifice health over anything and that we cannot buy health. This goes for the entire family, from kids to adults. It’s truly hard when a family member is sick more so if the virus or bacteria spreads, affecting not just one but all.
A healthy family means a happy family, right? But sometimes, these common viruses are needed by the body, so our system can adjust and learn how to fight these bacteria, thus increasing our defense the next time it hit us.
So, how can you achieve health and wellness? Here are some tips:
- Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. It helps to nourish our body with essential body nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. Proper nutrition is crucial in maintaining a healthy body and ideal weight.
- Exercise regularly. Proper routines must be done accordingly. When you exercise your body builds muscles and maintains a good metabolism.
- Drink 8 glasses of water every day. You may think this is not possible, but it can be achieved. Water is needed to aid cell repairs and hydrate your body.
- Avoid fatty food. It blocks your blood stream which may lead to cardio problems eventually
- Read the labels every time you do your groceries. It helps, really and I always have fun comparing and learning. Of course, don’t get stuff that has Trans-fat and high in sugar and cholesterol
- Avoid fast food joints nor deliveries. You may not be aware that burgers are high in fat and cholesterol. If you are a fan and a frequent eater, you must be overweight now.
- Take supplements. These complete what’s missing in your food diet.
My refrigerator is full of children’s vitamins and minerals such as Ceelin, Enervon and Growee. My kids get easily sick from just those common colds and coughs, that’s why I have Disudrin and Biogesic. They also have mild asthma, so it’s essential that I always have Allerta. So you see, I’m scared when my kids are sick, so I’d rather prevent than pay hospital bills later.
Overall, eating a healthy diet is the foundation of achieving optimal health. It is not difficult to do if you know the right approach. If you are mindful of what you eat, and make healthy choices, you will feel and look better.